Saturday, May 31, 2008

Super Nanny
No, I'm not talking about the tv show. I'm talking about my mom! Last weekend, while hubby and I did a vacation/craft event at the beach, my mom pet sat our 7 kids and my boss's dog. That's a total of 4 cats and 4 dogs!! Even more impressive is that she also medicated three of those fur-kids. Aron and I never go out of town. This was my first night away since Labor day of last year (when Mom also pet sat). She's the only person we trust to take care of our kids. It's not that they are ill-behaved or difficult; I just worry a lot. Yay for Mom- you're awesome and much appreciated!
The day before the show, we walked around Newport's bayfront and had lunch at our favorite restaurant, The Whale's Tale. Aron says they make the best pasta he's ever had.The craft show was a fundraiser for the Lincoln County Animal shelter. It was pretty successful- $2200 was raised and 4 puppies and 2 kittens were adopted. And, although the adoption booth was right next to my booth, I did not bring home any more fur-kids!The day after the show was a vacation day for us. We went to the Newport Aquarium. Aron had never been and I hadn't been there in a long time. Overall, we had a great time. It was crowded- with lots of noisy children. I think we both could have stayed and watched the sea otters all day!
The beach house we stayed at was wonderful. It had ocean views from the kitchen and living room. It was a quiet, peaceful, relaxing place. I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

LeaKarts said...

Yay for your mom! I'm glad you got to do the show, and get a little vacation in without worrying about all of your sweeties :)