Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Birthday, Roo Roo!
Not only is it St Patrick's day today, but it's also Roo's 13th birthday! He's the only one of my 7 children whose exact birthday I know. I know his b/c he was born on my living room floor! I can't believe it's been 13 years since he was born. I'm feeling old today! We've been through a lot together, including 2 cross-country moves.
When I was in college, I lived in an apartment complex in California where there were tons of homeless (unspayed and unneutered) cats. After adopting one (Magritte), I decided to take in another: a very sweet manx tuxedo cat I named Sylvester. When I took Sylvester to the vet to be "fixed," I had to rename the cat Sylvia!!! And, she was already pregnant. So, I ended up keeping Sylvia and one of her sons, Roo. My beloved girl, Sylvia, passed away from kidney failure 7 years ago. But, I'm so fortunate to still have her special boy, Roo.

No comments: