Sunday, February 17, 2008

No Pain, No Gain
A while back I mentioned that I'm taking a Fitball class. I had never heard of it before, and I think most people haven't. So, I'll try to describe it. You use a small inflated ball like this:
to improve your flexibility and strength. The balls are firm, but flexible. Physical therapists and personal trainers user them for warming up muscles prior to working out. It's a form of self-administered acupressure; the ball and your own body weight exert pressure on specific points on your body. It works really well on upper legs. Sometimes it's also called "self-message," but I refrain from referring to it that way b/c it might evoke other ideas!

I chose to try the class b/c it's supposed to help you ease tension in your body. I was/am hoping it will help reduce the frequency of my headaches. So far Mom and I have attended all 3 of the weekly classes. We have 4 more classes left. I plan on buying a fitball (they provide them in class) so that I can do it at home too.

No comments: