Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Feeling Good is Hard Work
I had my third acupuncture treatment yesterday. Because my TMJ (a jaw joint disorder) has been bothering me recently, he focused on that area this time. I got to experiene two new things: a jaw muscle massage done from the inside of my mouth and electro-acupuncture. The jaw massage was slightly uncomfortable, but not too bad at all. The electro-acupuncture felt really weird and kinda freaky. It seemed like worms were crawling around under my skin. I was very proud of myself for taking some deep breaths and getting through it. While the needles were in me today, I enjoyed listening to the calming music and having awhile to rest; I almost fell asleep! The next thing I need to conquer/master is drinking the herbal mixture he custom-made for me. I'm supposed to drink it 3 times per day, but b/c it tastes very strong and earthy I've been having a hard time making myself take it. I'll have to keep reminding myself that I'll try anything to feel better!

No comments: