Monday, September 03, 2007

Busy at the Beach
Hubby and I just got back from the Oregon coast! It was both a working weekend and belated anniversary celebration. We camped Friday night (our first time camping together, and my first time camping since junior high). Saturday we had a booth in Lincoln City. It was wonderful- the weather was amazingly perfect, the customers friendly, and awesome to meet fellow artists and crafters in person! Although I shopped a lot, I still made more than I spent. After the art show was over, we packed up and drove south to Newport. We'd had enough roughing it, so we got a room at the Shilo Inn (with an ocean view!). We walked around the historic bayfront and came across one of the coolest things I've ever seen- raccoons and cats only inches apart. They were eating cat food that someone had come and poured in mounds. Unfortunately, the fence blocked me from getting a pic of the critters so close together, but I was able to snap this adorable photo:
We also got to walk barefoot on the beach in the warm sun. So, we had a great time and we couldn't have done it without my mom, who babysat our 7 fur-kids for us! Thanks Mom!
I'll be spending this week preparing for Saturday's Belmont Street Fair. If you're in the Portland metro area you should come; it'll be a blast!

No comments: